More About This Novice Beekeeper
I guess you might want to know a bit more about the author of this beekeeping blog. Here is the low down:
|Status||Just got married (May 2012) & Just had a baby (Nov 2012)||Novice beekeeper|
|Mental state||A rollercoaster of enthusiasm and malaise||Relatively sane with a hint of obsessive enthusiasm|
|Education||Some||Beekeeping courses, numerous books and helping my beekeeping friend|
|Favourite book||Status Anxiety, Alain de Botton (young-ish, British, popular philosopher)||The Bad Beekeepers Club, by Bill Turnbull (BBC breakfast presenter)|
|Ambitions||Peace||4 productive beehives and selling honey at the local farmers market|
- Beekeeping – Why do I think beekeeping is the answer to regaining my sanity?
- Manliness - When I started this blog the theme was beekeeping and general sanity. However, I found the bees a bit scary, building flat pack beehives was a challenge and a whole host of other anxieties emerged, which led to another theme of manliness
- I Am Not A Beeman - This is the first time I realised I had some unresolved insecurities – speaking of which, please use the “like” buttons below – don’t make me beg
- Blog – If you want to see if I am regaining my sanity, you may want to read my musings on the highs and lows of beekeeping
- Thunderbirds Are Go – If you want to read through all my posts, this was the first one (March 2012). You can then follow the arrows at the top of posts to follow in chronological order
- How-To Guides - I capture what I learn and try and work out what is best practice. On this page I clarify that “I am not Britain’s leading beekeeper and I am not known for my writing and ability to demystify the honourable pursuit of beekeeping”
If you like this blog please subscribe.